Questions grouped by topic and ordered by most frequently asked
1. Can I see the end result of getting published?
Yes! There will be a PDF you will receive with the live URLs to your published article.
2. How will I be billed?
You can pay via credit / debit card on the checkout page. Credit card information is verified and secured by Stripe.
3. How is my payment information secured?
For credit/debit cards, we use Stripe as the payment processor. Stripe is well-regarded in the payment process industry and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available.
Stripe and Brand Featured forces HTTPS to ensure your payment data is transmitted safely. HTTPS encrypts your information and verifies the integrity of traffic between your browser and the destination server.
We not do store your payment information on our servers. All information is sent to Stripe, which is then encrypted on disk with AES-256. Brand Featured is given a unique identification key which is how we reference to your payment information when requesting charges with Stripe.
More information on Stripe's security practices can be found on their website.
4. Can I put the "As Seen On" logos on my new book / ebook?
Yes, once you've been published you can put it anywhere you like - on the cover of your book, ebook, or website.
5. Are there any topics / businesses that are not accepted?
We can not accept articles about offensive, objectionable, or illegal subject matter. Guns, alcohol, drugs, sex, gambling, legal cases, negative press, loans, multi-level marketing, dating sites, 3rd party companies, and more. Please read this full list of banned topics:
- No negative news about any 3rd party person, company, government, country, religion, or race.
- No ICOs/Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency
- No Forex trading (books/courses teaching how ok)
- No Dating apps or websites
- No Adult and Sex (even the word 'sex')
- No Sexual reproductive health
- No Articles about underwear, lingerie, bras, or undergarments
- No Guns / Weapons
- No Alcohol
- No Illicit Drugs, Marijuana, or CBD (including Cannabis or Legal CBD)
- No Tobacco / Vaping
- No Cosmetic procedures and body modification (i.e. Plastic Surgery)
- No Job discrimination by race or gender
- No Money making scams / MLM
- No Online gambling
- No Loans, cash advances, nor any lending
- No Credit repair / debt settlement / debt management / credit health
- No Legal cases / litigation
- No Nutritional Supplements or articles with medical claims / hormones
- No Articles containing illegal or unethical behavior on the part of another party, such as kidnapping, torture, etc
- No Buying likes followers and views for social media websites such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram etc
- No Affiliate marketing links or Hoplinks
- No Phone unlock / phone jailbreaking content
- No Weight loss products
- No Websites flagged as potential malware threats
- No Articles related to Bail Bonds
- No Hiring / auditioning for fashion models
- No Content related to Live streaming or broadcasting
- No Content related to COVID-19 testing kits
6. How long does this whole thing take?
1-3 days if you provide us the article and we publish it, or 3-6 days if you want us to write the article then publish it. This does not include time for revisions if any are requested.
7. Do you offer white labeling as a service?
Yes we do. Please email us for more details at
Questions about publishing the article
1. Which sites will my article get published to exactly?
Fox 21, NBC 2, USA Today AZ Central, CBS KUTV2, Google News, Digital Journal, CBS WBOC, NBC 21, FOX 40, NBC 3 WRCB TW, Fox 34, NBC WRDE Coast TV, NBC 29, Tulsa CW, Pittsburgh Post Gazette, Daily Herald, Times Record, The Punxsutawney Spirit, The Inyo Register, The Chronicle Journal, 1007 The Score, Doublet 973, 93.7 The Eagle, The Drive 929, Talk 1170 Radio, K-Hits 1069, HTV 10, News on 6, 2 News, 98.5 KVOO, News 9, Big Country 99.5, Lubbock CW, Magic 106.5, My Lubbock TV, NCN News Central, NCN News Omaha & Lincoln, NCN News Mid Plains, NCN News Northeast Nebraska, NCN News Panhandle, NCN News Platte Valley, NCN News Southeast Nebraska, Oldics 97.7, RFD TV, 96.9 The Bull, SNN News, Telemundo Lubbock, Weny News, Erie News Now, 1077.7 Yes FM, News OK, Marketplace, Minyanville, Malvern Daily Record, Sweetwater Reporter, My Mother Lode, Poteau Daily News, Decatur Daily Democrat, Deer Park Tribune, The Ridgway Record, Antlers American, Wapakoneta Daily News, Starkville Daily News, The Buffalo News, The Saline Courier, The Kane Republican, SM Daily Press, The Community Post, AZ Central Finance, The Evening Leader, One Observer News Enterprise, Fat Pitch Financials, Daily Times Leader, Post & Mail, Wall Street Select, Morning News, Milwaukee Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, Mammoth Times, Big Spring Herald, Borger News-Herald, Carolina Reporter & News, Financial Content, Statesman Examiner, Menlo Park, Corte Madera, San Rafael, San Anselmo, Santa Clara, Walnut Creek Guide, Daily City, Mill Valley, Livermore, Danville, Pleasanton, The Pilot News
Please note that these sites are subject to change without notice, and this list may not be updated to reflect the changes immediately.
2. Will I be published on the main website of NBC, FOX etc?
You won't be published to the main website (for example fox.com) as those are reserved for national headline news. However, if your story is heavy enough for the parent company to pick up, then it can be. But you will be published to local affiliates such as FOX 21, FOX 34 etc which are the official sites for the TV stations. For example, FOX 34 is for channel 34 in a specific city and is part of the FOX news network. It's similar to getting published in a local newspaper.
3. Are the published backlinks follow or nofollow?
As per Google's best practice guidelines, we send them out as 'nofollow'.
4. How long will my article stay live on the news sites?
As with any news announcement, your article has a "shelf life" - the news gets "old". The time it stays on a website is determined by each news site, and Artistic Initiative does not remove your press release at any time unless it violates our terms of service. Some news sites remove them after 2 years, some after 90 days. Some host them indefinitely. The fact that you have been featured will always be true and you can proudly claim that as long as you like.
5. How long does it take for my article to appear live online?
Assuming the article is written, less than 3 days.
6. Can I make revisions after it has been published?
Unfortunately no, once it has been released it is in the hands of each news site that has published it.
7. Can I publish it myself? Why do I need to go through you?
You do have the option to reach out to each news station individually, but most likely you won't get published because they typically only work with clients who can provide a bulk number of articles per month. It would take you many months / years to build a network of over 100 new sites from scratch.
8. Will my published article be a blog article or a press release?
As we are publishing to our news network, they will be categorized as press releases.
Questions about writing the article
1. What do you need from me to write my article?
Many writers require lengthy questionnaires from you that waste your time. We only require 3 things: your website, the topic you want the article to be about, and 1-2 quotes that best describe your business. We'll do the research to form your article with just that information.
2. Will you write the article or do I need to?
It's your choice: the Basic package is lower priced but you need to write the article that we'll publish. While the Pro and Unlimited packages have the article professionally written for you.
3. Will the article you write about my business be unique?
Yes, our professional writing staff will first research your business, then write a custom article highlighting your business in the best light, with links back to your site.
4. Will I get to check the article before it's published?
Yes, after we write the article we can go through up to 2 rounds of revisions before it's published for the Pro package, or unlimited revisions for the Unlimited package.
5. I want to write my own article. What are the guidelines?
- The article must be between 200-500 words.
- Your article can have no more than 1 link per 100 words.
- The headline must include the company's name.
- The article cannot be written like a sales pitch, it must be neutral/informational.
- The headline can't contain personal pronouns ('I', 'me', 'you', etc).
- The article can't contain first person or second person voices ('I', 'me', 'you', 'your' etc).
- The article must have a specific topic, no general articles allowed.
- Avoid bullet point lists or fragmented texts as they will not be accepted by some news outlets.
- Must be in English.
6. What topic should my article be about?
It can be just a general announcement of your business, talking about the features and benefits. Or it can be any newsworthy topic, for example about a new product you just launched.
7. Can I have images, videos or URLs in my article?
You can include 1 image (optional), which can be your logo or a featured image. These must be uploaded separately to your article.
8. How many words will my article be?
If we write it, it will have a 200 word body, a headline, and sub-headline. If you want to provide the article, it must be between 200-500 words.
9. Will you rewrite my article if I'm not happy with it?
We try to get it right the first time, but if revisions are needed our Pro package includes 2 free revisions and our Unlimited package has unlimited revisions.